Monday, January 1, 2018

W30 2018 - Day 1



It's 9pm on the first day and I am killing it so far. I woke up later than I had planned, but I still had enough time to make the spinach frittata for breakfast. I added sliced avocado and sliced oranges to my breakfast along with black coffee. I felt triumphant. I finally started.


At noon, I met a few members of my Nerd Scouts group to go on a New Years Day hike, the first hike of the year, at a local state park. We walked approximately 5 miles with my little minion, Muggles.

When I came home, it was time to start the cooking process for chocolate chili. I also made paleo ranch dressing, homemade olive oil mayo, and prepped food for dinner tomorrow while I watched reruns of That 70s Show. I made cauliflower rice, but I didn't notice that my favorite salt had cornstarch AND sugar. C ended up eating the whole head of cauliflower on his own.

Now, I'm relaxing as my energy levels have depleted. I have the beginnings of the hangover phase which is relatively normal. I'm drinking some lime ginger seltzer while C drinks a beer. I'm not tempted to reach for my leftover NYE beer. 


Now to watch back seasons of Walking Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment