Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 0

Tomorrow is the day! I'm a little excited, a little apprehensive, and very anxious. I have spent almost two weeks planning for tomorrow, yet I feel that I'm only partially prepared. I spent hours on a meal plan for the week and the corresponding shopping list. I have agonized over the tiniest detail, deciding what will happen if there's a work birthday party or some other festivity since I still want to be able to participate, but I don't want to fall off the wagon. I can do this!

I went to the grocery store last night, after everyone else had left so I could take my time with finding everything that I needed. I couldn't afford the grass-fed beef, so I tried to go as lean as possible. I spent a lot of time in the bulk/family meats section as well as the whole chicken sections. Then, I spent some quality time walking around the produce section, picking up vegetables that were on sale (hello cabbage!). It was a different experience, to be honest. I didn't go to the dairy section and get my beloved cheese nor spent any real time in the middle aisles which made me feel like I was forgetting something. Once I paid for everything, however, I became so proud of myself because I managed my first Whole30 compliant grocery trip without buying anything extra.



This is my meal plan for this week. I haven't figured out snacks, but I thought I would write them in the hard copy that I have if I need them. I have plenty of apples, mandarin oranges, veggies, and eggs to get me through the day. We have plenty of baked ham left from this past weekend that I need to use up, so I am going to incorporate it into my meals throughout the day. For example, I'm going to make a ham, shallot, and bell pepper omelet on Friday instead of just the bone broth.

Tomorrow will be my prepping day (or experiment-in-the-kitchen day) as well as my first day of the Whole30! I'm going to make breakfast  and work on making the zucchini soup and the chocolate chilli which requires at least two days of sitting for the ingredients to "get to know one another". I may even try to make paleo mayonnaise in order to make a classic pantry vinaigrette which will be on all my salads.

Also, I will try to take a lot of pictures which will help me to slow down and enjoy the experience. Wish me luck!!!

Well, off to ring in the new year with family.

-- Yersinia


No comments:

Post a Comment