Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo


I am currently finishing Sacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo. I have probably 200 pages to go which is only a small portion considering that this book is nearly 1400 pages long. It's a wonderful book, beautifully written in my humble opinion. Usually, I shy away from historical fictions, mainly because they change history to make the plot fit or the writing is atrocious. Here, she backs her writing up with notes and a lengthy bibliography.

Sacajawea spans the years from the early 1800s to late 1800s; however, Waldo surmises the latter third of the book for various reasons such as accounts of an elderly Indian woman being buried at a Fort near her son who was a Charboneau. Otherwise, it seems very plausible that the accounts happened that way.

I won't talk about what the book was about because I encourage people to read this book. It might not be a masterpiece, but for being Waldo's debut book, it's phenomenal. I definitely give it about four out of five stars. I hope to be able to find more of Anna Lee Waldo's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment