Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 6: Is it nap time yet?

Woke up this morning like the past few morning, only I felt like my head was two-hundred pounds of snot. With the recent increase in temperature outside, the molds were going to town on my allergies. Ugh. I dragged myself out of bed and realized that through the night, I must have been sweating because I was slightly sticky and oily. I'm not an oily person, my skin is so dry that it could be the driest desert on Earth, but this morning, I was sweaty. Does this mean that my dry skin issues might get resolved on this diet? I doubt it, but it would be awesome!
http://www.homevet.com/images/stories/articles/allergy.jpg

It was too late to shower before work, so I pulled my hair into a bun and made sure I had a ton of deodorant on. I quickly put my scrubs on, nuked the last of the frittata which didn't hold up quite as well, and threw lunch into my lunch box before feeding my fish and running out the door. I was stopped at the amphibious base due to construction so I ended up running 15 minutes behind. Thankfully, I managed to get green lights all the way to work.

Work was going well. I didn't have to rush around getting quality controls on the analyzers or checking temperatures on the fridge before the first specimen shoots up the tube system. I got everything done and started to enter in the negative urine culture results when I realized that I was exhausted. Didn't I just wake up? As I continued to work, I realized that I lacked total energy. Not only that, but I was STARVING! I couldn't wait for lunch.

A drug representative came to feed the entire office, but it was all carb rich.  I was a little disappointed until I opened up my lunchbox and saw that I had some those godly salmon patties and braised cabbage to eat. Talk about being excited! I guess I got a little quirky for a moment, but then my energy bombed out.

I keep saying that I lacked energy, but really it is coming in waves. There are moments where I am prancing around the room, listening to the Bob Marley on the radio, and being my chipper self. Then, like a rain cloud, I feel my energy get covered by a cloud of pure exhaustion. Then it dissipates and I'm back to chipper self.
http://www2.psd100.com/ppp/2013/11/0601/Mostly-sunny-icon-1106114312.png
After work, I drove past the grocery store that I was going to stop at to get the ingredients for pesto. I don't even recall making the decision to go straight home. I just did. I was so exhausted that the idea of cooking dinner kind of made me a little sad, but once I got in the kitchen, turned on some music, and got the hamburgers out of the fridge, I realized that this was my "ME" time and I enjoyed every last bit of it. Maw-maw even joined me to talk about the day which is unheard of.

I made hamburgers with a lettuce "bun", mustard, and tomatoes. I also made a spinach salad with tomatoes (I love them!), shaved carrots, cuccumber, bacon, and leftover chicken thighs. While the hamburgers were cooking, I used some of my home-made mayo to create a ranch dressing.


To be honest, dinner was decent. I missed ketchup and the ranch was a little TOO different from what I normally use. I might have to find another type of dressing that will work better. I was surprised that I didn't miss the bun for the hamburger, especially since it seemed that I was able to really taste the beef.

The temperature is dropping fast and with my inability to really adjust quickly to temperature change, I am going to curl up in my bed and read my book for a few before falling asleep. I am so glad that my nightly ritual has not been changed yet!

Goodnight!
-- Yersinia

No comments:

Post a Comment