Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Days 17 - 20: Let's do the Time Warp again!

It's just a step to the left and a jump to the right....

Days 17 through 20th seem to be a blur. I felt pretty decent physically. Emotionally, I was on a rollercoaster ride. Sometimes I would be super happy, but then I would feel melancholy or offended at everything. I think it's still my body being grumpy about having to start burning fat instead of sugar. I truly felt I was going crazy. There were times when I would bury my face into C's shoulder to keep from crying. Why was I crying? I don't know exactly what would set me off, but I would start thinking that I wasn't good enough for anything/anybody. Thoughts like "Why haven't I gotten a new job?" or "why does she always seem angry at me whenever I try to correct her?" would go through my head. I think it's just the stress my body is going through that is making me stress about EVERYTHING.

C was very supportive of me. He even went on the Whole30 for two days which is awesome because he loves his carbs. He's a lover of cereal, pasta, and chocolate and I was very surprised that he stuck to with me to the very end. He's got to be a keeper.

Friday, I made spicy crispy chicken wings for dinner along with some mixed veggies (sans the corn and lima beans). It was super delicious and fixed my need for something spicy. I made sure that Maw-maw's was smothered in BBQ sauce because she's not a fan of spicy foods. I,also, decided to have an apple with dinner to give myself a little sweetness to cut the spice.

Saturday, I cooked bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast which was devoured by three hungry people. C and I went to the yarn store to pick up yarn for a hat I am making for one of his friends. Then, we went to the farmer's market and picked up some amazing oysters to roast.

Saturday night, I made Moroccan lamb meatballs with cauliflower fouscous. Oh my. Talk about amazing food. We ate some of the oysters as an appetizer while I was prepping the meatballs. It took a little longer than I had expected, but it was so worth it. It was delicious.

Sunday was meant for the NFL football championships at my uncle's house. C and I ate a salmon egg scramble for breakfast that was pretty tasty and definitely something I will make again. The salmon wasn't too fishy and because of it being smoked, it gave a nice taste to the eggs. For lunch, we finished off the meatballs and headed to my uncle's. I snacked on some veggies from the veggie tray and at a piece of summer sausage and a handful of pistachios. Dinner was about 17 roasted oysters from the local river. To die for!

Monday, day 20, I drove C back to the train station early and went in to work. I stopped at Wawa to get an egg scramble bowl, but found out that they put cheese in it. I ate around the cheese, but it was not satisfying. I ended up eating an early lunch (chicken and shrimp curry). After work, I went to the grocery store and found out that Kroger is not prepared for the onslaught of people. They had no spaghetti squash or sweet potatoes. I did find a bottle of lemon ginger raspberry kombucha which I'm not sure if I like. Dinner was nomnompaleo's chicken nuggets from her cookbook and cajun sweet potato fries with a cajun remoulade sauce. So good.

We watched the finale to Sleepy Hollow and I crawled into bed, cuddled with the cat who decided that he can sleep in my room again, and fell promptly to sleep. I'm liking the sleep benefits.

Well, see you  next time!

--Yersinia

No comments:

Post a Comment