Monday, January 13, 2014

Days 11 - 13

So, days 11 through 13 were very similar so I'm just going to lump them together. Day 10 ended up with my 'lil sister and I watching movies at home after I made a soup with everything-but-the-kitchen-sink. It had hamburger, carrots, green beans, onions, bell pepper, whatever I could find in the fridge that wasn't looking very fresh. The movies were pretty good; although, I wouldn't call them awesome. just entertaining.

Day 11

I woke up feeling a little off. I had some serious bowel problems that were kind of embarrassing before I even got out to the kitchen for breakfast. I was feeling very sluggish and didn't want to go into work to read the cultures over the weekend. I had slept almost 10 hours again, so I had thought that maybe it was the cause of all my problems.

Yup...we have people who look like this...and worse.


For brunch, I ate the leftover soup from before. It had lost a ton of liquid so it was more like hamburger and vegetables in my bowl. Also, I had made a cucumber and tomato salad with balsamic vinegar and herbs. It was nice and refreshing. I actually started to nibble on the cucumber bits left over after I julienne peeled it.


I finally went to work. This time, I brought my own radio with ipod dock so that I could listen to my music. I worked for about 5 hours. We had a ton of new cultures and "problem children". Let's just say that the incubator was pretty odorous. 

By the time I left work, the sky had darkened with large, dark gray storm clouds. I rushed home and walked in the door just in time before the downpour. The rain was so heavy and the wind so strong that it was raining sideways and tree limbs were coming down. There were a few tornado warnings, but luckily, we had no problem. 

Looked a lot like this!


I started dinner and decided that I really wanted Chinese food, so I made nomnompaleo's Asian fried "rice" with home-made egg drop soup in chicken bone broth. Woo! I out-did myself. Not only was Maw-maw happy with it, so was I. My Chinese food craving had gone away. 



After dinner, we decided to watch a few shows and just talk while I tried to reformat my netbook which got a serious virus on it. From around 7pm until I went to bed, I had a nagging craving for chocolate and I'm not even a big chocolate fan. It was serious torture. I almost decided to raid the chocolate that I got for Christmas and call it quits, but I didn't which now I am so glad. 


Day 12

Day 12 started out like the others. I woke up, ate leftovers for breakfast, then went to work. This was now my 7th day straight working. I got to work and realized that all the servers were down so I couldn't put in results or email providers about their pre-operative cultures. I felt pretty much useless. I ended up leaving after only 2 hours of work.

Maw-maw and I then went to the grocery store. It was packed! Usually, we go earlier in the morning, but this time work interfered. I decided to not go with a grocery list and just check out what was on sale. It happens that a ton of beef was on sale so I guess we will be consuming red meat all week. Oh well. 

I, then, came home and did a little job searching before dinner. Dinner consisted of a nitrate-free beef frank, warm sauerkraut, and jicama home-fries from Well Fed. The beef frank was great with some spicy brown mustard. I devoured the entire dish. I wanted to go back up for seconds, but I have found that I rarely need to eat another bowl or plate. It must be the satiety feeling everyone keeps talking about. 

Oh and I made ketchup too! 

That night, after I had showered, we lost power in only half of the house. It was strange because I had power and wifi in my bedroom, but my Maw-maw was on the phone with my Great-grandma and lost connection. The kitchen was out, but the stove had power. It was just...strange. We called the power company and they found out it was the meter box. Guess who is responsible for that? The owner. My Maw-maw is beside herself because we don't know electricians.


Day 13

Today I woke up jittery -- almost high strung and a little spazzed. I'm not sure what that was about. I felt like someone had pulled me tight and was strumming. I finally calmed down around lunch time which was leftovers. I found out that my coworker was at her deceased mother's house when a tornado blew through the farm attached to it. The old barn was utterly destroyed. I felt so bad for her.

Lunch came around quickly and I had leftovers from the night before. I had some strange looks because I was eating a hot dog without a bun, but I just laughed and kept eating. I also had an apple that was beyond delicious. I mean...who knew a golden delicious apple would have so much flavor?!


I came home and tried to start cleaning up, but I lacked motivation. I ended up just giving up and cooking dinner which was steak and spinach. Yum! I grilled it on my cuisinart grill my 'lil sis gave to me. Seriously, it's one of my favorite gifts from Christmas.

After dinner, I made mayo and decided to go ahead and make lunch for tomorrow. I'm going to have salmon and mayo with dill, parsley, and chives. I am also going to have beets and possibly a sweet potato. I found cara cara oranges on sale so I bought the bag. Mwhahahaa! (Do you know how hard it is to find tuna or chicken without soy?! Impossible!).

Okay, I want this shirt...even though it's in a different language!

Now, I'm getting ready for bed. It's going to be a good night!

-- Yersinia

No comments:

Post a Comment