Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 8: Parched doesn't even describe it

It's day 8. According to the Whole30 Timeline, I should be past the nap phase (which doesn't seem to be the case) and into the "my pants are tighter" phase. I can't say whether or not that is happening since I wear scrubs every day, but I did noticed that late last night and early this morning, I had an upset stomach. I had thought it was my dinner last night, but I am now thinking that it is just a normal process. The only complaint I have at this moment is that my throat is parched like a desert that hasn't seen the coolness of the night air in four weeks. I have been drinking more than I can remember drinking. It's crazy.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/3272326.jpg

This morning, I woke up (almost instantly) and took my thyroxine before getting dressed. That way, I could have a better breakfast that I don't have to rush eating. I decided to cook an omelet wrap to wrap my last leftover hamburger in. I sprinkled italian seasoning into the egg while scrambling it and made a smallish crepe looking thing. Then I cut some tomatoes and wrapped my hamburger with the egg. It was surprisingly delicious. I truly wished I had thought about this sooner than later. 

Lunch consisted of a lettuce wrap with turkey slices, bacon, mustard, tomatoes, and a dill pickle spear as well as the last tiny bit of shrimp from last night. Holy BLT Batman. It was hitting the spot. The shrimp got a little tough, but that was okay. Then, I ate some of my mushroom chips which were pretty good. I think that I put too much ghee on it though. Lastly, I had a cara cara orange (pink orange) that truly hit the spot.

http://sunkist.com/CMSFiles/Cara_Cara_Oranges.jpg

After all the chaos of work and same-day testing, I spent a few hours with my coworker trying to problem-solve a QC and calibration problem with the machines. We think we figured it out, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out for sure.

http://www.awesome-numbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DriveFrustration_med.png

I went home and immediately jumped into the kitchen. I cut up some chicken and made an italian dish with rosemary, oregano, and fire-roasted tomatoes as the sauce. I put it over top zoodles (AKA julienne cut zucchini). It was fantastic! Even Maw-maw was quite smitten with this dish. It will definitely be in rotation and I might change it up and use spaghetti squash since zucchini was kind of hard to find cheaply.

Crappy picture but so good!

Later, I cooked dinner for tomorrow night too since I decided to go to spinning night at my local yarn store. I decided to make home-made pesto (I am a little disappointed with this recipe) to put over top andouille sausage and wrap it all in zucchini strips which was what I had leftover from the zoodles.

Bed-time can't come fast enough. Until tomorrow...

-- Yersinia

No comments:

Post a Comment